Implementing Stepped Care is a bold step in changing practice. Friday morning pot-luck treats for all staff can help! This week (Fri March 31): Gluten and dairy free chocolate chip coconut cookies
Serves: ~20 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups (137 g) almond meal
- 1/4 cup (30 g) chopped dark chocolate (could use cacao nibs)
- 1/2 cup (40 g) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (73 g) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp (45 g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond meal, dark chocolate chips, coconut, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg until uniform in color and doubled in volume.
- Whisk in the coconut oil and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or even overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, place on baking sheet with 1-1/2 inch space in between each. Press down slightly to flatten a bit.
- Bake until edges begin to brown, 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.